Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Made some changes to my MoM tiles.

Chasm:

  • Fixed the Particles on the torch. Now it looks more like fire though I may want to add smoke or distortion to them. Particles are Diffuse/Alpha/Self-Illumination with an animation.


Hallway2:

  • Deleted the Moth cards around the lamp.
  • Re-UV'd the lamp.
  • Re-worked the texture. Now it's a Diffuse/Self-Illumination though I turned off the illumination because it was blowing out the material.
  • Moved the lights a bit.
  • Added particles around the lamp. Animated moth sprites are a Diffuse/Alpha.
Garden:
  • Added a white boxed version of the Garden to the webplayer.
  • This has a few lights placed in the scene.
  • Added "firefly" particles that blink and move around.

Issues with Unity that I'd like help with if anyone knows how to fix:
  • No shadows in Indie version. I'll probably end up just baking the shadows into the diffuse from 3DS Max. I'm wondering though if I can render out the lightmap in 3DS Max and import it into the Unity material without it affecting the Diffuse.
  • Particle wise; Is it possible to spawn 3 particles and keep just these 3 alive? For the moths I only want 3 of them to live and fly around the lamp. I also want them to circle the lamp and face it.
  • Light wise; I want to get the lights to flicker a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment